Who we are
The leading helicopter company in New Zealand
Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters is locally owned (operated by Helicopters Queenstown 2020 Ltd) and has been operating since 1980, pioneering glacier landings.
We pride ourselves on a truly professional service and the presentation of our aircrafts so that passengers enjoy the most comfortable experience possible.
We operate a fleet of modern 6-seater & 9-seater large turbine engine helicopters serviced and maintained to ensure maximum passenger safety and comfort. All our maintenance procedures comply with New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority safety standards. Safety is always our main priority.
Our pilots are experienced with extensive knowledge of the local mountain environment.
We are Department of Conservation approved and hold concessions to land in Fiordland National Park and Mt Aspiring National Park. This means that part of your fare contributes to conservation in New Zealand – all the concession fees we pay to the Department of Conservation go back into supporting the great work they do around this beautiful part of New Zealand.
We are extremely proud of our helicopter pilots - meet the team by clicking below.Meet the team
Why fly with us?
- We have the newest fleet of Airbus Helicopters in New Zealand. All are kept in pristine condition and are maintained according to the Civil Aviation Authority Standards.
- We only operate large turbine engine, 6-seater & 9-seater helicopters – most suited to the mountainous environment. We are very proud of our fleet which consists of AS 350 B3e Squirrels, an Airbus H130 T2 & an Airbus H145.
- We have one of the Civil Aviation Authority’s highest audit ratings for operations and safety.
- We are New Zealand’s aerial film specialists and completed the aerial film work for Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies, and Mission Impossible - Fallout, to name a few. We continue to work in the film industry today due to our expertise in this area.
- We are proud to hold a Qualmark Gold certification as a helicopter operator.
- Ranked the #1 helicopter company in Queenstown on Trip Advisor! Why would you want to fly with anyone else?
At Helicopters Queenstown Ltd all our pilots hold a Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence and are regularly subjected to stringent performance checks New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority Part 135 requirements.More Info
We are extremely proud of our helicopter pilots - find out more about them.Meet the team
We own & operate the most modern fleet in New ZealandOur Helicopters
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out answers to some of our regularly asked questions.View FAQs
Get in touch with us or find out where we are.Contact Us
Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters are dedicated to improving our sustainability practices and the environment in which we operate.